Board members read this...

The Board Members read this Newsletter. Let them know how you feel about the things they are doing by checking the appropriate response: Do You Approve? Yes!! ( ) Undecided ( ) No!! ( )

12/29/2013

The American Soldier - Some of our own~

Kerry Bratton:

Our community has had a lot of different things or areas of interest that many of us have taken time to post about. I wanted to share something of great importance and interest to me and our new friends, whom we met as a result of this commonality. Right here in our relatively small community, we have two young, active-duty Army soldiers that I want to tell you more about. Actually, we probably have more in the community that I am not aware of and I know that we have some retired military folks as well. To all of them I want to say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! for your service. The two I want to tell you more about happen to be stationed at the Fort Campbell, Kentucky, and both will deploy to Eastern Afghanistan in a matter of days. One of the two happens to be our son, the other another resident of DH whose parents stopped by our house because of our Army flag. Since the revelation that our boys were both active duty AND stationed at Fort Campbell, we have had the opportunity to meet each other's boys and the boys have met each other. Our son, Dalton Bratton, is a Cavalry Scout and will be on a classified mission during deployment, which adds to this mom’s anxiety. Our friends (The Westerns) son, Manny, is a Black Hawk Crew Chief. Both of these young men (age 22 and 21) and their families could use your prayers during this unsettling time. Please and Thank You! I am also reaching out to our community for information and requesting something of you. I would like to know, from those willing to share information, others from our community serving or who has served in some capacity in our armed services, including their name, branch of service, status (active-duty, reserve, retired, etc), and best method of contact. I WILL NOT share this information unless you authorize me to do so, so in the event you desire your service info to remain confidential, please tell me that. I am simply trying to put together information so that our service members and veterans may be honored and known (if authorized) in our community. If you would prefer to send me information privately feel free to do so by sending to my email address: arkansasbratt@gmail.com Thank you. PS - Diane, would you please post to the blog, if appropriate. If I need to do anything further to facilitate the posting, please let me know.

I am very happy to post this message!
Diane

Blog Archive