Board members read this...

The Board Members read this Newsletter. Let them know how you feel about the things they are doing by checking the appropriate response: Do You Approve? Yes!! ( ) Undecided ( ) No!! ( )

8/21/2015

My purpose for posting...

I've been asked why I posted a private, 'Executive Session', email message which was obviously intended for Board members only. Here is my response:
  • The Blog description is located at the top of the Main Page:
"This private report contains information regarding our community; Including Board & Committee meetings and opinions regarding events that affect all of us. The sole administrator of this Report is Diane Porterfield. I do not work for Diamondhead nor any individual person. The ONLY purpose for this Report is to share information with members of Diamondhead. All minutes, articles or opinions must be signed before they will appear in this Report. This Report is not sanctioned by the DPOA."

  • The Board members make the decisions in Diamondhead
  • The Board president, Mary Pracht, recently stated: ‘This Board is getting ready to do detrimental things to this community that I will not be a part of.’
  • After making additional, and alarming statements, Mary Pracht resigned the DH Board of Directors. Her comments can be viewed by clicking onTown Meeting of July 23, 2015
  • I received pertinent information regarding a Board member's decision to resign her duly elected position.
    • Yes, I was aware of the 'private' nature of this information.
    • Yes, I knew I would be crossing a line set by DH management & DH Board of Directors.
  • “Those who ignore history, are bound to repeat it” - George Santayana
    • We must learn by our mistakes. The content of General Manager James Turner's email was a repeat of 2012 GM – Buddy Hudson. Mr. Turner & Mr. Hudson have 'outside' business concerns. History proves that a general manager must not work from home, but is needed & expected to be present, on campus, available to the community.
  • Diamondhead Property Owners have a Right to Know what is going on in their community / their financial investment. Diamondhead is a corporation.

Diane Porterfield
620-3167

Blog Archive