Board members read this...

The Board Members read this Newsletter. Let them know how you feel about the things they are doing by checking the appropriate response: Do You Approve? Yes!! ( ) Undecided ( ) No!! ( )

2/04/2011

Dangerous Roads

The Snow is beautiful .....But the roads are very dangerous!  I drove into Marlvern for work this morning, and started back just after 9:am.
      The few cars were creeping along at about 30 miles per hour along 171.  A dark colored Jeep was in front of me and we were doing just fine until we came to a slight downward bend in the road.  I watched the Jeep veer over to the Right side and disappear over the embankment, just as I noticed the accident he must have been trying to avoid right in the middle of the road about 100 yards ahead me.  I started gently pumping the brakes on my car, praying I would not run into the mess directly in front of me. 

      Up ahead, there were two cars on the left margin of the narrow road, one car directly in the middle of the road, with a distraught lady standing next to it with a cell phone to her ear.   The driver's door was open and obviously damaged.  Another vehicle toward the front and off to the right, with a lady in a sweatshirt, no gloves, on a cell phone.   I know I can not stay where I am because other cars can hit me coming down this hill.  And a truck (John Cummings) and a Semi are stopped on the other side.   As I am following behind a truck, through the middle of the accident, I notice the 'sweatshirt lady' close her cell phone and start running in the direction of the Jeep.  She must have seen the Jeep go over the side of the road.  Now I am praying for the Jeep's driver.  But I know I can not stay here.  My car could easily become the next victim, so I keep creeping on through the cars.
      I made it to Diamondhead.  However, I was not able to go up Scenic Drive.  I ended up parking my car on the side of Plum Hollow, intending to walk the rest of the way home.  Roy Lewis happened to be driving by and offered to give me a lift home in his 4-wheel-drive truck.  Thanks Roy!
      I called the front gate to make sure the police were aware of the missing Jeep.
      Another interesting point:  As I continued creeping along the snow-covered road toward Diamondhead, two teens/young adults were playing in the snow along the edge of the road, completely oblivious to the dangers.  My car could have easily slide right into them!  On a bit farther, there was actually a jogger running with his back to the on-coming traffic !

Stay safe,
Diane


Blog Archive