I was saddened but not surprised to see that secret meetings between select board members is still the norm. I really don't understand the rational, but then I'm a very open person. I understand that people have their "pet projects" or special interests, but we really need all the people represented. I have stated my "pet projects" for all to hear and will restate them here for all to see. I want our dues to be as low as possible, and our property values to be as high as possible. We lack a few things which tend to turn away some prospective home buyers, and truthfully I would like these things myself. These are a reliable television cable company, high speed internet, and a bank. Hey, a Chinese take out and a pizza parlor would be good too, but we've got to start somewhere.
I know that many people think I am anti-golf course. This is one of those vicious rumors that was started to discredit me as a candidate. I PLAY GOLF!!! I haven't had the time lately, but I do love the golf course and I do play (but not very well). I also swim, so I am not anti-pool either.
If I am elected, I can promise everyone that I will keep them posted on any progress I make in my quest for cable, high speed internet and a bank branch. In fact, if I make ANY progress, I will shout it from the housetops!
To reiterate, the present board is far too one sided. We need people on the board who represent the rest of the community. I know I always have and I always will.
Katherine Denow -Board Candidate
This private report contains information regarding our community; Including Board & Committee meetings and opinions regarding events that affect all of us. The sole administrator of this Report is Diane Porterfield. I do not work for Diamondhead nor any individual person. The ONLY purpose for this Report is to share information with members of Diamondhead. All minutes, articles or opinions must be signed before they will appear in this Report. This Report is not sanctioned by the DPOA.
Board members read this...
The Board Members read this Newsletter. Let them know how you feel about the things they are doing by checking the appropriate response: Do You Approve? Yes!! ( ) Undecided ( ) No!! ( )
7/18/2011
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(224)
-
▼
July
(25)
- Bingo Night
- The Lions club is picking up trash along the highw...
- The Last Wish - Polution in Lake Catherine
- Polution in Lake Catherine - Video
- Meeting by Board Members
- Tiki Times
- Indian Springs Creek - Polution
- BINGO Jackpot of $850 was Won last Saturday!
- Katherine Denow - Candidate for the Board of Direc...
- Rick Noffsinger is encouraging you to VOTE !
- BINGO
- DHPOA Lawsuit - "Police Shooting" one year ago
- Board Member - Mary Pracht's "Good Bye" Speech
- Town Meeting - 7-21-11
- "Helping our neighbor"
- Response by Board Member - Charles Wood
- Great idea for our Neighborhood!
- Lake Catherine Polution site
- Message from Officer Hilborn
- Reply from post entitled "Diamondhead Hero" dated ...
- Board Meeting 7-28-11
- Financial HighLights 6-30-11
- Benefit Golf Tournament
- Diamondhead’s Front Entrance
- Approved Board Minutes - 6-23-11
-
▼
July
(25)