In my job we very rarely get to see the good in people. It usually takes a devastating event to pull a community together. This year I saw a community come together for no other reason than for the sake of fun and the love of their community.
On July 4, 2011 , there were not enough donations made to the Diamondhead Community fireworks funds to put on a professional display. But what I saw that night topped several professional displays I have seen in the past. Members of the community spent their own money and donated their time and equipment to celebrate our nations Independence Day.
Byron Efird and his family set up their sound system and set off a very nice display of fireworks. Noah, the new owner of Greenside Market, donated a very large fireworks display, along with Kevin Cooper who also donated a very nice display. I am sure there are many more that I was not aware about. These people spent their hard earned money to give to their community in these difficult economic times. Most firework displays only last approx. 30 minutes, where as this one went on for a couple of hours.
I would like to say thank you to all those who went above and beyond that night and to the entire community for making me feel as if I am a part of the Diamondhead Family.
Officer Richard Lee Hilborn II
This private report contains information regarding our community; Including Board & Committee meetings and opinions regarding events that affect all of us. The sole administrator of this Report is Diane Porterfield. I do not work for Diamondhead nor any individual person. The ONLY purpose for this Report is to share information with members of Diamondhead. All minutes, articles or opinions must be signed before they will appear in this Report. This Report is not sanctioned by the DPOA.
Board members read this...
The Board Members read this Newsletter. Let them know how you feel about the things they are doing by checking the appropriate response: Do You Approve? Yes!! ( ) Undecided ( ) No!! ( )
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(224)
-
▼
July
(25)
- Bingo Night
- The Lions club is picking up trash along the highw...
- The Last Wish - Polution in Lake Catherine
- Polution in Lake Catherine - Video
- Meeting by Board Members
- Tiki Times
- Indian Springs Creek - Polution
- BINGO Jackpot of $850 was Won last Saturday!
- Katherine Denow - Candidate for the Board of Direc...
- Rick Noffsinger is encouraging you to VOTE !
- BINGO
- DHPOA Lawsuit - "Police Shooting" one year ago
- Board Member - Mary Pracht's "Good Bye" Speech
- Town Meeting - 7-21-11
- "Helping our neighbor"
- Response by Board Member - Charles Wood
- Great idea for our Neighborhood!
- Lake Catherine Polution site
- Message from Officer Hilborn
- Reply from post entitled "Diamondhead Hero" dated ...
- Board Meeting 7-28-11
- Financial HighLights 6-30-11
- Benefit Golf Tournament
- Diamondhead’s Front Entrance
- Approved Board Minutes - 6-23-11
-
▼
July
(25)