Diane,
The road committee will be taking another look at our roads as a result of
the recent snow storm. Since we have not yet completed our plan for road
improvements for 2013, any damage caused as a result of the storm will be taken
into consideration as we complete our plan. I also know that Eddie is out
looking at the roads and putting together a plan for his crew when they return
from the holidays. With so many trees down, it will take some time to get them
cut up, hauled away and burned. I was out of town when the storm hit, we didn't get home until late Thursday, after much work had been done by volunteers. I do not have a complete list of those who volunteered their time and effort to help clear roads, but I can say that the list is long. Of course, Bill Milligan did a tremendous amount of work, using his own equipment, to clear snow and trees from the roads. He was out again today (Sunday) making 2-lane roads out of what had been 1-lane roads due to downed trees. I have been told that there was also a large number of folks out during and just after the storm, with chain saws, making the roads at least passable. Some names I have heard associated with the chain saw work, and I'm sure I am missing some, are: Mike McFarland, Mike Rhodes, Rick Noffsinger and Kevin Cooper. Certainly without the efforts of many volunteers, Diamondhead would have had a much, much more difficult time. I also think Eddie was out early Tuesday evening cutting trees from Plum Hollow, even before the worst of the damage became evident. Overall, it sounded like a typical Diamondhead response to a bad situation, in that everyone who could pitched in to help the community.
Bob Jones-Chairman
I have started receiving "Thank you Notes" directed to all those many volunteers. Please click on "Your Thoughts Matter!" to view comments. This link is for Members Only.
Diane
I have started receiving "Thank you Notes" directed to all those many volunteers. Please click on "Your Thoughts Matter!" to view comments. This link is for Members Only.
Diane