Board members read this...

The Board Members read this Newsletter. Let them know how you feel about the things they are doing by checking the appropriate response: Do You Approve? Yes!! ( ) Undecided ( ) No!! ( )

3/02/2014

Diamondhead Roads ~ by Alan Thornton

Possum Run - picture taken 2-26-14
Let me begin by saying that I have absolutely no motivation in wanting anything other than the well being of Diamondhead.  Diamondhead failing equates to all of the residents losing.  I have invested more than the average resident so my concerns are equally greater.  Speaking at a "Town Meeting", in my opinion, has proven to be a farce if you really believe it will do any good.  That is why I am now posting my opinions in this format where time is not a concern.  Perhaps it will have a positive effect on residents who have become apathetic and we can once again have a community that we want to live in because we feel  our opinions count.
The "Board" would have many believe that I-neighbors is something they ignore.  No they don't.  They are reading this right now and pray that the residents of Diamondhead will shut-up and let them ignore our By-laws and Bill of Assurance.


The opinions I have are not just mine but the same opinion of many.  There are always differing view points from everyone but when lines in the sand are obvious, enough is enough.  The prevailing line that has been drawn is as clear as the sad shape our community is in.  If you don't hang out on the golf course or if you are not a golfer our "Board" could simply care less about you.  If you disagree with the "Board" they could care less about you.  If you don't volunteer enough they care absolutely nothing about you.  Pretty sad but if you aren't in what they feel is the right clique your opinions are as worthless as their ability to operate this community!
When I moved to Diamondhead we had ammenities that I was proud to brag about to outsiders.  We had a beautiful view of the lake from the Country Club and residents and guests had beautiful dining. I don't have that anymore.  I know what happened and I certainly don't need anyone trying to explain to me what a brilliant idea it was to rid ourselves of the "terrible Club on the hill".  If you still believe that was a good move then you probably won't agree with anything else I say.
When I moved to Diamondhead we had a security guard and guard shack - before you could enter through the gate.  That is real security and the real reason POA stickers are needed on a vehicle.  Why would you need them now?  All we have done in our super intelligent state of mind is make a simple job impossible.  I don't feel any better about my security and it is not the fault of the people we have hired.  We have taken a simple and perfect system and destroyed it.  The security guards could do their jobs then.  Now we wonder why we have problems.  An easily reversed problem that could be solved but we stand around scratching our heads and forming a committee to "look into it".
When I moved to Diamondhead we had roads that were certainly not perfect but were adequate.  The ditches were mowed and cleaned and we appeared that we cared.  Tree limbs were trimmed off the roads everywhere regardless of where the road was located - exactly how the "bill of assurance" states.  If you owned property you could actually drive down the road and inspect your investment.  Don't you think our local realtors would appreciate it if they could actually sell some property that could be reached by something other than a "pack mule?"
When I moved to Diamondhead my "fire protection dues"  and car stickers were included with my POA dues and I didn't have a special assesment.  I now have three new bills I must pay.  How does all of this happen?  We all know and it is our fault.
It is too late for me to keep this short but let me sum it all up by saying this.  I have had many things taken away since moving to Diamondhead and have had absolutely no sane explanation although I now have a "Board" that wants more money.  I also get a "Bill of Assurance" that is ignored which kills progress for our community and destroys property values. 

I guess I should just be happy.  I certainly wouldn't want to be negative and destroy anyones visions of things not being perfect.  Maybe then I will understand why getting less but paying more is how it should be.  I will insert some pictures of our roads so we can all show why we are proud of our community.  

Blog Archive