Board members read this...

The Board Members read this Newsletter. Let them know how you feel about the things they are doing by checking the appropriate response: Do You Approve? Yes!! ( ) Undecided ( ) No!! ( )

11/20/2013

Winter Rye Grass Update


<<< Rye grass - 10 days after planting
The AGFC and I have completed our planting project this year. If lake lot owners and volunteers helped next year we could grow the success of this cleansing of our lake, adding vital oxygen, nutrients, food, nitrogen, and shelter short term for spawning fish, improving our lake for swimming, fishing, and pleasure. As the lake refills, the rye breaks down over a month or so adding all these benefits to an otherwise mud whole and sandbars. Please consider planting one bag of winter rye($30)NOW or next year as I will ask for volunteers early on next year. The Wildlife committee is deer hunting during this time so count them out. 

Thank you!! Bob


Planting Winter Rye at L. Catherine

I have been working with the AGFC to get free Rye grass seed to plant at drawdown of lake Catherine. I need to know in one week who wants to seed their surrounding lake lot to give fish structure, food, cleaner water, and a greater opportunity for you to catch fish off your boat dock! 
  •  NEEDS: people willing to work one hour or less. A SEED SPREADER. A BOAT if you have an area on the lake you want to seed. 
Rye will grow deep roots so think of a cove or sandbar nearby. This will be on a first call, first served basis depending on our order size and how much rye seed we are donated. If we do this right it could be an annual affair like L. Hamilton has established. 
  • MY NEEDS: Call, email, or I neighbor me ASAP (1 week) with the estimated amount of seed needed. 2-50lb bags will cover an acre. I need to know by acreage; 1/4, 2, etc. 
Lets make this happen!!
Bob Gieringer 
RTG724@hotmail.com
501-240-4540

Blog Archive