I would like everyone to understand what I was stating candidates night. I do believe in the by-laws Article X. It states books, records, and papers be subject to inspection by any member of the association for personal, non-commercial purposes. It does not state records can be generated for that purpose. Therefore, I stated that as a board member I would not be in the office asking or trying to get those records. The details are not my concern. It's the bottom line that as a board member I would be worried about. I would not worry about the number of carts on the golf course. That is worrying about the ants being on a picnic while the bears are going to eat you up. The response that was posted was what Diane Porterfield wanted you to hear. Generating reports to a member should not be something that should be asked unless "I" was auditing the books as an expert. I am not an expert on this association but I have audited companies while in the work force. I am retired.
I stated also that we have excellent managers and employees that I have TRUST in. That was not in your interpretation of candidates night.
The Code of Ethics for DPOA board member was not brought up or asked about. I would like to answer that question whether I would sign it if I was elected. I WOULD be glad to sign it. Number 1: I would hold the betterment of the membership of DPOA as my priority, including during all participation and voting matters. I have no hidden agenda. I recognize that I am obligated to act in a manner which will bear the closest public scrutiny. That means I swear to not turn the board into a circus act. Or other functions that occur in Diamondhead. I would not abuse my power as a board member over any employee that I am entitled to or expect any special treatment. We have a General Manager that controls employees. I would not interfere with that. In no way would I want to see or inspect personnel records. I will declare any conflict of interest that I might have be it real or potential.
My personal views of INeighbors are from my own experience with it. Questions were asked and I would answer but it seems as if the members would not like or take my answer. They want to sit behind their computers and respond. I said "look up" from those computers and get out and enjoy the view. It looks pretty good from where I sit in Diamondhead. Come to the meetings and get involved.
I would like to represent you on the board of Diamondhead. If I am not elected to the board doesn't mean I will go away. I am here to stay.
JoAnn Rhodes
This private report contains information regarding our community; Including Board & Committee meetings and opinions regarding events that affect all of us. The sole administrator of this Report is Diane Porterfield. I do not work for Diamondhead nor any individual person. The ONLY purpose for this Report is to share information with members of Diamondhead. All minutes, articles or opinions must be signed before they will appear in this Report. This Report is not sanctioned by the DPOA.
Board members read this...
The Board Members read this Newsletter. Let them know how you feel about the things they are doing by checking the appropriate response: Do You Approve? Yes!! ( ) Undecided ( ) No!! ( )