In
response to Kim~
First,
I want you to know what I posted last night was for all to see. That
my intention was to answer you but Internet problems prevented that.
I also want you to know (and anyone else) it is not because of your
posting yesterday that I am responding. It is because you are a
property owner that has asked a question and deserves an answer.
#1-
How would you allocate the funds collected and WHY? (What percentage
for roads, pool maintenance, salaries, security, golf course, etc)
Resources
must be balanced in DH. Absolutely no question about that. We are a
small community that tends to live beyond our means. To give you
percentages without analyzing all sources of income and expenses,
barters and more would require guess work and I am not going to do
that. Does a million dollar community need more than 60% of their
income going to wages? NO. Does the property owner deserve to know
"how their dues are spent proportionately"? By all means.
#2
What is your budgetary, fiduciary and management experience ? --
I
have a BS in Business Management, personally budgeted $5 million
dollars a year, own my insurance company - Coast to Coast Trucking
company - and have been in business since I was about 20 years old.
I would say 40 years of management along with many accountants and
lawyers has been a good educational background.
#3
What do you bring to the table? What are your strengths? What is your
business experience?
See
above #2 but lets add honesty, integrity and transparency.
#4
Specifically - How do you intend to make this community competitive
with other neighborhoods and therefore an appealing place to live?
Community
involvement !!! This community has lost faith in the "leaders".
No one wants to come to Town Meetings or anything else because they
say "it wouldn't do any good" and that is sad because it is
their money, their investment, their community. You have more than
1500 sales people to spread the word, "what a wonderful place
this is". But the attitude of the community is, "let's
sell, let's get out of this mess." Before I am crucified, look
at all the "FOR SALE" signs. We have a golf course that is
a great asset. We also have a lake and we hear nothing about that.
We opened the 19th hole again just this past Monday and, if we lose
$70,000 a year again, everyone will see a dues increase. This last
town meeting, it was posted we average $20.00 per round for golf but
it cost us $24.00. Unless something changes DH will struggle like
HSV and even Belvedere unless we manage these resources.
DH
changed from the 60's, 70's and 80's as a retirement community to a
community that is filled with working families. We have to change. I
hope I answered your questions and these are my honest answers.
Thank
you,
Mary
L Gage - Board Candidate