Board members read this...

The Board Members read this Newsletter. Let them know how you feel about the things they are doing by checking the appropriate response: Do You Approve? Yes!! ( ) Undecided ( ) No!! ( )

6/25/2014

Candidate Sharon Carr

Sharon's answers to Kim:

1.  How would you allocate the funds collected and WHY?(What percentage for roads, pool maintenance, salaries, security, golf course, etc).

Since I am not on the board yet, I nave no way to answer this question. However, I know more of the pie needs to be allocated to our roads. I hope to be able to help rectify this soon.

2. What is your budgetary,fiduciary and management experience and how will it benefit Diamondhead? 3. What do you bring to the table? What are your strengths? What is your business experience?
The everyday jobs in loan operations:
  • Producing all loan documents for new loans
  • Filed all deeds of trust through title companies
  • Filed liens on vehicles of all kinds
  • Released same when loans were paid
  • Dealt with customers
  • Balancing the three loan systems:
  • Installment, Commercial and Real Estate
For the next 20 years my husband and I owned and managed an aircraft business and museum. We bought & sold and repaired airplanes. Also collected cars, motorcycles, army vehicles to display. We had many cook outs where others brought their collectibles to view by all.
I would like to add my previous experience in bookkeeping. It is important to understand the material presented to the Board members. I have a great deal of experience and will be an asset to Diamondhead.

4.  Specifically - How do you intend to make this community competitive with other neighborhoods and therefore an appealing place to live? 

Specifically I want to bring honesty, transparency, equality, and most importantly → ACCOUNTABILITY to Diamondhead.
I am not a golfer. But the golf course is where we need to concentrate our efforts to improve property values and allow Diamondhead to run more efficiently. With other golf courses closing, it gives us an opportunity to attract golfers to move to Diamondhead. We have a beautiful golf course thanks to Eddie and his crew. Instead of giving our 'returned lots' back to the developer, a winner of a golf tournament could be given a lot to build a home. Thereby collecting additional POA dues. Possibly giving lots to builders to build spec homes. Selling existing homes does not produce additional income. We need new houses and new POA fees to raise our base income.
None of this can happen unless the infighting stops. We all need to work at getting along and obeying the By laws.
A Welcome Wagon would be nice for new residents to be introduced at Town meetings or have a 'meet & greet'. This was done when Scott and I moved to DH. It was very nice. The WW basket could include a free lunch at the 19th hole, pool passes, and even a free golf game to introduce them to our amenities.
I appreciate this opportunity to answer questions regarding our community and ask that you allow me to serve as a Board Director of the POA.
Sharon Carr – 282-1016

Blog Archive