Board members read this...

The Board Members read this Newsletter. Let them know how you feel about the things they are doing by checking the appropriate response: Do You Approve? Yes!! ( ) Undecided ( ) No!! ( )

10/18/2014

Dues Increase Survey

During the Thursday, October 16th, Agenda meeting, a suggestion was made to ‘poll’ the residents of Diamondhead with regard to the issue of a POA annual dues increase.  GM James Turner was asked to place a poll on the Diamondhead web-site.  GM Turner stated: since the DH website is intended for marketing purposes, it is not advisable to post such a survey of the membership. Hence, the following survey was conceived by me, Diane Porterfield:

Noted Board Member remarks (Oct. 16, 2014) regarding a Dues Increase:


•           Treasurer John Porter:  I have stated for years that a Long Range Planning Fund should be established to prepare for & pay for the repair and replacement of Diamondhead’s infrastructure.  This fund was formed last year and currently we have $150,000.00 from which $80,000.00 will be used for Road repairs (Chip & Seal) this year.  At least $40,000 should be set aside for the Long Range Planning every year.

•           Director Larry Hibbs:  The resident comments I have received are in support of an assessment rather than a Dues Increase.

•           Director Susie Combs:  It has been ten years / 2004 since we have had a Dues Increase.  I have stated for some time that an increase is needed in Diamondhead.

•           Director Gordon Moore:  I suggest a $100.00 increase with the possible need for an assessment, as well.  See comment by this Director - Click Here    
Diane, 
If you insist on recording these meetings, I have to say again that if you are going to publish what was said by anyone, that you publish it in its entirety.  I simply said $100.00 as an example to amplify that it would be less than ten dollars a month.  The only thing I said about an assessment was that I did not believe it was the answer to our issues.  Frankly, I have never given you permission to record anything that I say, and from this point forward, you can consider this as me not giving permission to record me!  
Gordon Moore 

•           Treasurer John Porter:  The golf course is a “fixed” expense.  An increase in golf membership & outside play will off set this expense, increasing the overall revenue.

•           Director Ken Benck:  indicated agreement with a dues increase.

•           Director Diane Jones:  indicated agreement with a dues increase.

•           Treasurer John Porter:  Volunteers are greatly appreciated, but they should not be expected to maintain Diamondhead.  More staff is needed.


Now it is your turn to speak ~

For additional information before taking the survey, a copy of the Financial Highlights from the past may be obtained in the POA office.  A list of these statements for the past few years may be viewed on DH Community News Page 2 entitled:Financial Statements:
Note: The Finance Committee / Treasurer John Porter stated that an amended 2014-2015 Budget is in process to include the 19th Hole current expense of $44,500.00.


Click on this link:

The survey may only be taken once per email address

DH Community News editor,
Diane Porterfield
adianerdh@att.net 




Blog Archive