Dear Diane,
Once again, in an effort to appear to be taking action to solve a problem; we the DPOA Board have imposed misguided sanctions which should be dropped immediately.
First of all, Byron and Cendy Efird have at their own expense been providing entertainment in the form of Karaoke at the Club for several months. I think that if you check the records, for the nights these have occurred, you will find them to be the most profitable nights since the Club moved to it's current location. I bet that the Friday night in question had the best revenue ever. I may be wrong, but I think that Byron and I were the only two board members present; so the action taken by the Board was based strictly on hearsay evidence, from people who probably were not present either. When I left at 10 PM, the Ball room was filled with a huge crowd (POA members and their guest) having a great time. Admittedly, there were some things which occurred later and should not have; however Byron and Cendy are not to blame. They were there after Karaoke ended, helping clean up the Ball room; which incidentally was not their responsibility either. The incident which caused the call for law enforcement, involved people who were not present when the police arrived.
My point here is that Board action IS needed. (1)We need to insure that Club rules are in place and posted. (2)We need to ensure that there is adequate staff to enforce those rules; including a law enforcement in cases such as this one. (3)The rules should include the penalty for violation.
I hope to address these issues at the next Board meeting, (if I'm still a board member at that time.) Also, it would be nice if your readers would contact (email or phone) your Board members, particularly if they have first hand knowledge on this issue.
Thanks,
Charlie Wood
This private report contains information regarding our community; Including Board & Committee meetings and opinions regarding events that affect all of us. The sole administrator of this Report is Diane Porterfield. I do not work for Diamondhead nor any individual person. The ONLY purpose for this Report is to share information with members of Diamondhead. All minutes, articles or opinions must be signed before they will appear in this Report. This Report is not sanctioned by the DPOA.
Board members read this...
The Board Members read this Newsletter. Let them know how you feel about the things they are doing by checking the appropriate response: Do You Approve? Yes!! ( ) Undecided ( ) No!! ( )
12/23/2011
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(224)
-
▼
December
(20)
- Karaoke Night - Friday, December 2nd
- Christmas in Diamondhead
- Employee Bonus Fund
- Social Committee's UpComing Events
- Care Caps
- Chambliss vs. DPOA
- Town Meeting - December 9th, 2011
- Teen Caroling
- Youth Committee
- Beautification Committee
- Youth Committee
- Friday Night Fight - Update
- Friday Night Fight - Board member's comments
- Friday Night Fight - Board Member-Byron Efird's Co...
- Friday Night Fight
- DPOA Board Meeting
- Board Executive Session
- Dear Diamondhead Board Members
- Juvenile Awareness Meeting - December 20th
- Just the Facts by Sam Porterfield
-
▼
December
(20)