Board members read this...

The Board Members read this Newsletter. Let them know how you feel about the things they are doing by checking the appropriate response: Do You Approve? Yes!! ( ) Undecided ( ) No!! ( )

4/26/2013

Response from President Suzzi Combs


For the BLOG
I have read the blog and feel it is time to respond, less all who read it will think it is the gospel.
Yes, I did tell Diane Porterfield that I was offended by her poll wanting to know if the Diamondhead Board of Directors should “promote” Diamondhead OR “tell the truth.”  Now for the Rest of the Story:  I told Diane I was offended that she would think she has a franchise on the truth and that promoting Diamondhead and telling the truth were in conflict.  Her post implies that this board has not been truthful or that we have something to hide.  She implies that to promote Diamondhead is a bad thing.  I suggest it is the responsibility of the Board to promote Diamondhead.  It is our responsibility to protect our property values, promote (read that as raise to a higher level) our lifestyle and defend Diamondhead whenever necessary. 
If you drove into Diamondhead before you purchased your property, you came through a security gate, saw the golf course and hopefully were made aware that there were dues and fees. Yes, POA dues are mandatory just like taxes, but that doesn’t mean everyone pays, just like not everyone pays their taxes. I have listened to residents’ concerns that we are not doing enough to collect delinquent POA dues.  We have called and written the owners.  We have sent the account to collection agencies. We have placed liens on their properties. 
I am tired of hearing that previous boards didn’t have this problem.  Oh Yes They Did.  It just that this Board has brought the dirty little secret out of the shadows and into the Town Meeting for all to hear.  There is a responsibility that comes with the “transparency” of government, and now it is time to act responsibly on that knowledge. 
 
 
Suzzi Combs
President, DPOA
Candidate for the Board

Blog Archive