Board members read this...

The Board Members read this Newsletter. Let them know how you feel about the things they are doing by checking the appropriate response: Do You Approve? Yes!! ( ) Undecided ( ) No!! ( )

6/30/2013

Candidate for the Board ~ Jerry McAnear Sr.

I have held off commenting on what has been going on with the current board of directors and the community long enough. My reasoning for the delay has been that I am a candidate for the board and I didn’t want to alienate too many voters in order to better my potential for election. For this I offer my apology  I should have not hesitated. However, with the removal of Diane, my chances to be on the board have been greatly enhanced, at least for one meeting , so here are some of my thoughts and opinions.
  1. The failure to allow Diane to defend herself by taking away the mike is a direct violation of her right to free speech, Article I of the US Constitution. 
  2. I served on the By-Laws revision committee and I can tell you the only good part of the revision is the inclusion of membership definitions and they do not go far enough (article  I). Conflicting articles were not removed and were revised so that it leaves more open to board interpretation. (articles VII and  article VIII). Article VII, has been interpreted as authority to remove a sitting board member, however it applies only to removal from office of an officer of the board not the removal of a board member.  The conflict of interest article  was left intact and does not specifically address our current board members who have a definite conflict of interest.  A conflict of interest exists when a board member receives personal or monetary benefit from business activities within the community.  Other revisions have watered down existing articles to the point of being ineffective and open to personal interpretation. They should state firm regulations that can be understood and not interpreted by a rogue board.  Therefore, I can not and do not support passage of the new suggested by laws and encourage every one to read the document posted on the blog and make up your own mind and hopefully vote against passage.
  3. We need to address a number of difficult decisions including but not limited to:  
  • Property owner dues,     
  • Usage of amenities, 
  • Review of General Manager effectiveness,
  • Review of attorney effectiveness, 
  • Review of spending  and contracting policy, 
  • Security for the community, property owners and visitors, 
  • FEMA emergency action recommendations.  
I am prepared to address each of these issues as soon as possible, some sooner than others, but all will be addressed publicly.  
I ask that everyone read my resume and candidates night statement, compare it with the others and cast your vote for the most qualified person who will perform the responsibilities of a member of the board for the betterment of the community, not for personal interest.
J.L. McAnear, SR

Blog Archive