Pastor Mark Williams
Born June 7, 1961 in Plattsburg , New York
Graduated from Hermitage
High School in Virginia in 1981
Served 6 years in the U.S. Army as an infantry
non-commissioned officer
Began career as a dance teacher with Fred Astaire
Studios in Huntsville AL in 1989
Owned a Fred Astaire Studio in Hot Springs beginning in 1991
My wife, Pam, and I went independent and owned
Dancenter Dance Studio from 1997-2011.
Pam and I have been married for 23 years. Our family includes her two sons: Scott and
Ben and 4 grandchildren, Payton, Cayla, Ian, and Evan. Cayla is due on June 3rd
giving us our 1st great grandchild ( Ella Meredith Caris).
Christine, my daughter has given us 4 grandchildren, Trinity Grace, Draven,
Jamica, Jamal Jr.. The family is rounded
out with our 3 cats: Gypsy, Simba, and Hissy.
Just ask me, and I’ll be glad to show pictures of all the family!
In 2000, with the prompting of the Holy Spirit, Pam
and I decided to renew our relationship with God. Pam was baptized and we joined Gardner United Methodist
Church . In 2001 I shared with Rev. Bruce Howard that
I felt called to pastoral ministry.
My journey to become a local pastor in the United Methodist
Church began with two
years in the Candidacy program as well as leadership roles in the church. Rev. Howard served as my assigned mentor and
I worked as a Lay Speaker and also as the Youth Director for Gardner UMC. During this time of hands-on training and
ministry I completed the necessary requirements and attained my License to
Preach. I completed my 5year Course of Study Program from Southern Methodist
University in Dallas (Perkins) through the extension at Hendrix
College in Conway , Arkansas
in 2012.
.
My first appointment in the United Methodist
Church was effective June
1, 2003. I was appointed to Piney Grove UMC as Associate Pastor and blessed to
work with a new mentor, the Rev. Dr. Randy Rowlan and three years later the
Rev. R. David Jones. I served in this appointment four years total.
My second appointment in 2007 was at Faith/Morning
Star as senior pastor. I’ve had 2 mentors since the Rev. Ted Deweese and Rev.R.
David Jones. It was three and a halve years of learning, loving, and good
ministry.
My current appointment at Gardner UMC started October,
2011. During my time here we have seen significant growth in attendance and
membership. We were honored with the Small church of the year for this district
in 2012.
In the last 13 years of service in ministry I found
my strengths to be preaching, pastoral care, new ministry starts, the ability
to delegate authority, and empower the local body of Christ.
I am excited to share whatever gifts, talents, and
grace with which the Lord Jesus Christ has blessed me with Diamondhead Community
Church and to continue to
share them with Gardner UMC.
With Love in Christ
Pastor Mark Williams

