Board members read this...

The Board Members read this Newsletter. Let them know how you feel about the things they are doing by checking the appropriate response: Do You Approve? Yes!! ( ) Undecided ( ) No!! ( )

8/15/2013

Nominating Committee ~ Bob Jones

Diane,  I just read Jerry McAnear's comments regarding the vote count on your blog. First, THANK YOU Jerry for your comments.

 I have served on the nominating committee for 7 or 8 years, and always been very committed to having a fair and open election, and am proud of the way the election has been conducted.  I will freely admit there were some problems (pre-voting) last year, and I have assumed full responsibility for those problems.  I was tardy in performance of my duties on the committee.  I have taken steps to assure those problems do not occur again.  But, once ballots are mailed out, there can be no question as to the legality nor transparency  of the process.  This year all ballots were mailed to the accounting firm, who held them, unopened, until delivery to us at the counting meeting.  I know that at least one person in the audience was counting with us, and probably had the results before we did.  If there is a suggestion as to how it could have been more open, I would like to hear it.  But believe me, I will not entertain ANY suggestion that there was anything dishonest or 'not transparent' about the process. 

Thanks, and feel free to post this on your blog.


Bob Jones, Nominating Committee

Blog Archive