Board members read this...

The Board Members read this Newsletter. Let them know how you feel about the things they are doing by checking the appropriate response: Do You Approve? Yes!! ( ) Undecided ( ) No!! ( )

5/23/2011

Arkansas Blood Institute - Blood Drive

Eric,

Thank you so much for partnering again with Arkansas Blood Institute (formerly United Blood Service) in a blood drive at the Diamondhead Community POA on Monday, June 27. You have a motivated and concerned community who seem to know the need to give blood donations as the sole source for patients with trauma, surgery, burns and cancers. ABI is the sole source for 14 hospitals in Western Arkansas including St. Joseph’s Mercy, National Park Medical Center, Mena, Danville, St. Vincent’s Little Rock and more.

We will bring our Big Blue and White Bloodmobile to your facility parking lot and accept donors from 2:30 p,m to 7:00 pm on your good advice from experience. You said you could advertise the Diamondhead Blood Drive on your electronic marquee, let us put banners on the fence, post flyers and posters in dominant places like the 19th Hole, Administrative offices, etc. I’ll get some volunteers to place them at businesses and get PSAs on radio, newspapers and cable t.v. If you can get us in TikiTimes, that would be great. I’ve been invited by Jim Willis to speak to the Lions Club evening meeting for 10 minutes and would welcome any other groups like your Women’s Card Club on Wednesday at noon, the Golf Club Saturday mornings, etc. Give me the contacts and I’ll make arrangements. The more info is out there, the more people will sign-up to donate.

Would you allow donors to call your office to make an appointment to donate? I will provide a sign-up sheet with times for donations.

I’ll come out to meet you when I get all the publicity materials about 3 weeks before the drive.

Thank you again,

Bob Woodall
Arkansas Blood Institute
Blood Program Consultant
1635 Higdon Ferry Road Suite J
Hot Springs, AR 71913
501-624-0666 Office
501-282-6072 Cell
bwoodall@obi.org

Blog Archive